August 15, 2011

a gentle reminder to trust

So, recently I listened to a message about trusting God...seems to be a theme I need reminded of often.  The speaker challenged the group at the end by saying, What would God say to you today about the season of life that you're in?  
This is my letter that I wrote out quickly in my journal, just a few thoughts on what God may be whispering over my heart in this season, and I thought I'd share.  (Just in case I'm not the only one who needs to be reminded of Who He is, and how trustworthy and faithful He remains!)

Dear Child,
Though you cannot always see, you can trust Me.
Though easy answers haven't come, you can trust Me.
Though some things appear out of my domain, as if I'm not in control, trust Me. Nothing is out of my sovereign control, nothing.
Your faith is worth more than gold to me, and I am answering your very own prayer to have more of Me, to have my purposes fulfilled in you, and to become a radiant reflection of my beauty.
I have good in store for you, trust me in this even when your thoughts and fears say that maybe I don't, or maybe I won't. Trust Me.
My plans for you are abundantly above and beyond what you could ask or imagine.
So even when your human eyes can't possibly see how I am able, or how something bad could be good,  trust Me.  I am at work.  I AM.
Trust me today for the strength and grace and mercy you need.
Tomorrow... trust me again.
I am for you.
With unfailing love, your Heavenly Father

1 comment:

The Mahnke Family said...

Love this, Kendra! Just what I needed today. Mark and I are in the middle of an international adoption, and we have only begun to scratch the surface of what it is going to mean for us to truly trust the Lord and His plan for our family. Be blessed today as you trust Him~

Holly Mahnke