December 27, 2010

got water?



I'm just sayin...I feel thirsty.  My spirit feels a little dry.  Like after being in a desert for several weeks, with only little drops to drink along the way.  I am parched...needing the washing of the water of the WORD, as Ephesians says. 

See, I have lived on sips for the month of December!  With all the busyness of what had to be done, places we had to be, and fun we just had to have!   But along the way only sipping little bits of His Word here and there, always being distracted by what called my name for the day, ...wrapping, shopping, decorating, baking, singing, laughing, talking, scurrying, and of course, just enjoying the season.

So now I find myself longing for the filling up of what only He can give me.  A drink that satisfies and refreshes a parched and "too busy" soul, in need of some sweet refreshment.  Jesus Himself says, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to ME and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within Him."

I need His streams to fill me up this week, so that I can have sweet waters to pour out on those around me.  Something that is refreshing and lovely, not stale and dry. Trust me when I say, that without His sweet waters, I got some stale and dry people... let's just be real!  You too?

Take a moment today...whether you are returning all that didn't fit, or dragging that dead tree out to the curb....and fill up with a drink that will truly satisfy your deepest needs and driest places and bring sweet refreshment to your soul!
Jesus....the one drink that truly satisfies.

No comments: