January 7, 2011

She once was lost...but now has been found!

With my sister's permission, I want to share just a hint of what I have seen the Lord doing in her life.  My words here will be few, but her words will tell much more about her journey. 

                                 http://karalynnnichols.blogspot.com

Amazing. Miraculous. Life changing..literally.  Worth the read!


A few weeks back Kara shared with me that she had found Christ.  Just like that..."I thought I was, but  realized I wasn't, and now I am."   After a life of not understanding His thoughts towards her, or His healing forgiveness,  or His beautiful purposes set apart just for her...He captured her heart. 

Truth be told, the journey for her has had pain, been difficult and at times even hopeless.  But God. The One who would not let her go.  The One who loved her enough to use her life circumstances to be the very thing that would open her eyes to His life giving truth. The One who led and arranged and worked and called and softened and allowed the things of this life, which are but a moment, to make sure she would be with Him in eternity...that is a forever love story for sure.

So I stand amazed and rejoice. The book of Luke talks about the shepherd rejoicing over the one sheep that was lost and then found.  And, the woman who lost her coin and found it...then threw a party and celebrated with her friends. God says the angels rejoice over the one sinner who has come to repentance.   I am filled with such awe and gratitude and wonder at His amazing grace. 

Oh, and I see Him in her.  I see a peace that is different.  A hope and a freedom that only He can give. A hunger for His word.  It is a beautiful sight, full of fragrance that is a delight to the soul.  I hear His words coming from her heart, now filled with rich soil planted by Him.  He has such amazing plans for her life...for everyone who is yielded to His good and perfect will.

Kara...you go girl.  Run with abandon after the One who is holding you tight.  He looks so good on you!  I love you...my sweet sister...and now my forever sister in Christ!
http://karalynnnichols.blogspot.com

No comments: