September 15, 2008

Because she's almost double-digits, y'all!


I know, I know...if I write all this now, what will I save for her actual birthday coming up in less than 2 months??  It's just that she is not going to be 9 for much longer.  And, as I heard at a conference recently, sometimes you want to celebrate the "lasts" of something, instead of always the beginnings. 

Like, when will the last time be that I can  really pick her up under her armpits like I love to do and have her wrap her legs around me?  So far I have promised all my kids that I will always do that, but the truth is she will continue to grow and someday I will weaken.  Plus, I picture running to my own mom now,  having her swing me up, wrapping my legs around her waist....awkward at best, minor injuries at worse! 


*Her love for Christ.  Wanting to get to know Him better, meeting me on the porch early in the morning to be with me and Him.
*Her ability to swim...incredible stroke and form.  A someday Olympian I think if she wanted to become one!
*Her sensitive and discerning heart....wanting to please and choose the right path.  Aware when someone else is hurting.
*Her imagination...creating plays, writing songs, acting make believe...i just love it.  Lemonade stands, sewing classes, Christmas plays in abundance.
*Her love for singing...from the heart, just for fun, sounding so sweet!  Her church choir is so lucky to have her!
*Her desire to be with me.  Always asking to be together, play a game, chat....and I am so thankful that she loves me so very much.
*A true servant's heart....bringing her dad water when he mows, or scratching her brother's head at night.  May she always remember that we are happiest when we are doing something for others. It's true, God said it first.
So, these are just a few things that bless my buns when it comes to my 9 year old daughter. 
God has such incredible plans for her sweet little life and I am so humbled and thankful that He picked me to be her mom.  
Now we need to get planning that party...




4 comments:

lavendergardener said...

I can't believe K is almost 10! It seems like yesterday she was six! I so much miss our funny, wonderful conversations. I'll never forget her excitement and joy when she went shopping for Thanksgiving baskets for my clients. Sooo cute! and sooo thoughtful..I can still hear, "Uh, Miss Meg, what if they don't have a can opener?" I had never in my life thought about that but now ever box I do has a can opener in it. Thank you, K, for the incredible sweet girl you are and I can't wait to see the plan the Lord has just for you!

Love you guys,
M

Adrienne XO said...

What sweet words about your firstborn! There is something about those double digits! My sweet girl turned 10 in May, and its something else! Our girls are growing up, my friend!

Great post,
~~Adrienne :)

Kara said...

Oh my goodness! I mean, I knew she was turning ten but I mean, 10???! :)

Love her. What are you going to do for a party?

Tracy: said...

What a precious girl! Weren't we just having the girl's 3rd birthday party?? What a great blessing you have Kendra! She's beautiful on the inside and out! ! ; ) Love you!