September 10, 2008

When I say she's my favorite....it's not because she's my only one.....



So, the day has come to wish my very favorite sister in all of the world a Happy Birthday. 
No, seriously she has been my favorite for as long as I can remember.  I was 9 years old, and the luckiest girl around when I got my very own "baby" doll to play with!  And, my life has been richer ever since that day in 1979, September 10th to be exact......

I love my sister's heart.....for others especially.  She has a deep compassion to want to help those in need, that I think is deeper than she sometimes even knows.  I believe there will come a day when she will find so many in need, so many who need to hear her words of encouragement that she herself will be amazed.  For now it is in the daily that she does it so beautifully. 

I love my sister's hair...I know I know, after the last "deep" one, how could I be so trivial??  Well, if you could see her hair, even just touch it for one moment you would understand.  It is truly the thickest, perfectly waved/yet not curly, lusciously long hair that you could imagine, that I have seen!!  There are those, whom shall remain nameless, that "long" (get it?)  for such hair, so much so that they would pay to have strands attached for a moment...just to have it flow down their backs like hers does.   She could cut and sell her strands to those considered "thinning" or "less than".  There are days that she might call a "bad" hair day and it's all I can do to look away, knowing that her bad is my dream. So, whatever, felt like I just had to mention it, even though trivial, it's true!! 

I love my sister's strength and willingness to fight.  To persist until she finds the answers that she is looking for.  To use her knowledge to help herself, and to help others. She has endured painful moments in her life, and yet she stands.  Hopeful that someday there will be light in some dark tunnels, choosing to keep on walking until she sees it.  I am proud to call her sister.

She knows I love her laugh, it twinkles like the stars in the sky.  It is a music to my ears that always makes me laugh just hearing it.  She said I said the same about my brother's giggle...but really it doesn't take away from what hers does for others.  It is the icing on the cake....a funny joke, but then her laugh at the end!  Can't describe it in words...like a melody all of its own.

I am amazed at my sister's gifting to write.  I say gifting because I believe there are those who can write when they've taken a class and those who write from down deep in the soul. She is a soul writer.  No, really, you will read her book one day and be blessed.  She has a way of taking stories, weaving them into unforgettable words, and leaving you touched by them.  Gifted indeed.

I love my sister because she is my gift from God.  Hand picked by my heavenly Father...for me.  I wouldn't trade her for anyone else in the world.  I have a life time of memories with her....some laughing until we cried, and some just crying together.  Woven tightly in my heart and cherished sweetly.

I love you Kara Lynn...my best sister and precious friend.  Happy Day!!


2 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh I'm totally crying! Thank you my sister!

Anonymous said...

Aww you are such a sweet sister! What a wonderful relationship you guys have! I love the description of her hair. You're so good with those descriptions ;) Hope you're doing well!

-Rachel